As an In-House SEO in this Stock Broking House , I have realized the perfect use (how?) of corporate blogs while implementing the web 2.0 architecture. We have so many departments (and all are not in a single building) and around 280 branches spreaded all over India. The prime departments are:
1. Equity Research —-> research(dot)shriraminsight(dot)com
2. Risk —-> risk(dot)shriraminsight(dot)com
3. Compliance —-> compliance(dot)shriraminsight(dot)com
4. CDSL —-> cdsl(dot)shriraminsight(dot)com
5. Documents –> documents(dot)shriraminsight(dot)com
6. Software —-> software(dot)shriraminsight(dot)com
7. Systems and Networks —-> system(dot)shriraminsight(dot)com
8. CRM —-> crm(dot)shriraminsight(dot)com
9. Marketing and Operations —-> marketing(dot)shriraminsight(dot)com
Above all we got an active MD/CEO who looks over all the departments and provide necessary inputs. In the above list the structure of the blogs have been defined side by side for the respective departments.
For our MD — ceo(dot)shriraminsight(dot)com
Blog Marketing has been an important web strategy to build the traffic as well as to channelise that in a perfect manner to marketise the products and informations. And this become more important as the web resources are getting extinct. Corporates will tend to be more active on online to get traffic and customers.
What strategy might the corporates take? Take the above example:
A. One or two persons would be responsible to update the blogs with the informations and data taking from the Head of that departments. Proper communication and liaison is required here.
B. My bet is on open strategy. Discuss and update in a liberal manner in the blog. Suppose our research team has taken a hedging strategy or portfolio management strategy. This should be discussed on the blogs in a lucid manner so that mass can understand and interact. This will help you to go for the WOM and Viral marketing.
C. Do provide informations on other leading stock brokers, useful websites and stock news.
D. Take the guide from an SEO, web developer, content writer so as to use the usability techniques in the blogs.
E. Share future ideas and strategies in the manner that you are thinking to implement those, or these are pending things…yet to be done etc. (Doubt, how many will do that).