Sometimes as an Entrepreneur you face difficulties in managing people with respect to communication. Whatever you are communicating, things aren’t falling in place. Either the followers are not willing to carry the task or having different bindings. This becomes acute enough when you are in search of a true leader. Basically in-house communication (among the peer groups and management) is quite important to keep alive the charm of togetherness, the energy level and finally the team spirit.
I have few suggestions following the architecture of participation, as to how one can increase the quality communication within the organisation.
1. Use in-house forums or #Facebook Discussion board to interact among the groups, among the teams and people.
2. Discussions would incorporate all round activities so that employees from all walks of life can participate.
3. Try to share resources and knowledge base for all even if they are not interested (as some people do not want to grow).
4. To increase people performance, take help of motivational presentations, trainings, Films etc. This also increase the performance as well as the communication (through the discussion GOOD or BAD).
5. Do whatever u can, use the grey cells and be polite in your approach while targeting the audience.
6. Design your HR policies accordingly (in-house 360 degree).
This is one of the challenges that SMEs do face.
Reactive Management: An in-built negative approach raising hue and cry towards the problem and then solving it.
Responsive Management: A positive and a rather silent approach in solving the problem
Fuse Management: A more silent and destructive approach towards the solution.
The first two have ample examples in the textbooks as to how the responsive approach is better in comparison to the Reactive one. But what is then the Fuse management?
Fuse principle followers done their jobs even more silently and in advance as what the immediate bosses required. Gathers extreme knowledge base in the organisation. Take as much as load they can. Never give up hopes in the deep crisis and eventually sailed the boat quite easily at the end like a strongest rowers. Increase the dependency level of the peers.
The managers following the FUSE principle knowingly or unknowingly could spread a destructive repercussion that even can lead to the collapse of a department. They are highly workaholic, aggressive in solving problems and a bit introvert in nature. They are dangerous.
Generally a department relies too much on these people so that no back up or alternative steps exists in case those keymen left the organisations. In practice, the persons are in a good positions in terms of the knowledge to tackle things on their own. Sometimes corporations took the advantages of this (may be relocation problem, problem of proper opportunities etc) and take it for granted as they would never leave the association. Its wrong. Corporate strategy makers along with the HR associates should spend their valuable time in finding out those persons.