For a small branch there is 3 to 4 persons.
- 1 to 2 Trading Terminals.
- Good no. of client active client base.
- 2 persons are engaged with the terminal from 10 am to 3.30 pm.
- Remaining 2 people have to do the rest of the back office jobs.
So they are quite busy as we can understand. But where is the issue to handle people here? Let me clarify.
The Trading persons are engaged with:
1. Punch the buy or sell orders.
2. To contact the Risk department for the intra-day limits for trading. This is a totally bargaining process to take limits. As the client might a defaulter or there is already some debit alert for the client. This tussle reaches a peak in the dull market.
3. To receive the phone calls for orders.
4. Keep track of the remote clients and make them phone (what to do with a scrip when it falls or rise).
Other than that, the branch people have to do the:
* Logistics (send the couriers, cheques, contract notes etc)
* Technical repairments (As there is no specialized person to look after the computer related issues; so you have to be alert and efficient on your own to do the jobs) etc.
Above all, the relationship with the clients (Public Relations) must be good so that you can increase the base of the business through your good clients.